Westinghouse Electric Company, llc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Project Manager
at Westinghouse Electric Company, llc
US - Columbia, SC
Years of Experience
Bachelors Degree, Please see job description
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
•Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Engineering, Business, Construction Management, or related technical discipline required; Advanced degree in Project Management, Engineering, Construction or Business preferred.
•Minimum of 5 years of experience as project manager leading and directing low to moderate complexity projects to successful completion (3 years in technical/engineering role and 2 years as project manager may be considered as equivalent); 6-10 plus years of applicable Project Management preferred.
•Familiar with the Project Management Institute (PMI®)’s Project Management Body of Knowledge required. PMI Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification or other approved equivalent project management certification is required.
•Westinghouse Advanced Project Manager qualification completed or in process. The successful candidate will be required to complete the APM qualification within a designated time period. Exemptions may be provided based on prior training and work experience.
•Strong interpersonal skills, such as effective verbal and written communications; ability to lead team members; ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and ability to make decisions and carry out multiple tasks as assigned
•Knowledge and skill of project scheduling and cost management.
Advanced Project Manager
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a GPEx (Global Projects Excellence) Advance Project Manager in our CFFF (Colombia Fuels Fabrication Facility) Projects organization based in Columbia, SC.
* Responsible for all project management processes on moderate complexity projects, a portfolio of lower complexity projects, or a high complexity project. Lead medium-sized team , which may include project controls and sub-project managers. Support proposal process for moderate complexity projects, as assigned.
* Oversee the development of cost estimates and offers for operating plants support and modifications. Support and/or drive customer negotiations.
* Complete all aspects of planning process including authoring project management plans and developing scope, schedule, and cost baselines as well as, risk and stakeholder registers per the Westinghouse Global Project Excellence Procedure (GPEP).
* Properly close project by archiving work in financial, scheduling, document management, and resource management systems/tools. Perform final project quality assessment and report out. Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement, lessons, and risk avoidance for future work.
* Use interpersonal skills to cultivate positive relationships with team, customer, and other stakeholders (e.g., internal management) in a matrix environment to facilitate successful project completion as well as identify opportunities for additional business growth.
* Identify, assess, and implement improvement or recovery opportunities that will promote successful project delivery.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety & Quality First
- Valuing Ethics, Integrity & Diversity
- Passion for Serving Our Customers Globally
- Dedication to Each Other Through Servant Leadership
- Creating Value for Shareholders, Customers and Employees
- Consistently Delivering Our Commitments.
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting link http://www.westinghousenuclear.com./careers/
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Keep in mind that only applications completed and submitted via the Westinghouse Careers website will be considered. You can submit your completed application, and also explore other available options, using the following link: link http://www.westinghousenuclear.com/careers/
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn| YouTube
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.