Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unarmed Hospital Security Officer Taylor St. Downtown Columbia (FT)
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Overnight
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Description: The Security Professional (Unarmed) is responsible for providing protective services to the healthcare facility, patients, visitors, and staff in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
Scope of Work: The primary responsibility is to deter crime and provide order and control during the shift within the boundaries of the assigned post. This Security Professional patrols the facility or stands a post as instructed and serves as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detects suspicious activities; watches for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post. This position responds to all incidents as dispatched providing assistance as needed, protecting personnel and property within reason and securing the incident scene until properly relieved. This position conducts initial investigation of incidents, and is responsible for completing all appropriate reports and forms.
In the event of the commission of a crime or disorder, this person is responsible for alerting the Shift Supervisor and higher authorities, responding to the incident and providing assistance as needed, protecting personnel and property within reason and securing the incident scene until properly relieved.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Education and Experience:
- Meet Allied Universal Security Services hiring qualifications
- Experience in security or law enforcement or equivalent is preferred. Experience in security in a healthcare facility preferred. Military or law enforcement background is preferred.
- Applicants with at least four (4) years military service (honorable conditions only) will weigh in the favor of applicants with similar experience.
- Working knowledge of applicable accreditation standards and regulations impacting security programs in a healthcare environment to include: CMS, TJC, HIPAA, EMTALA, OSHA, and NFPA.
- Ability to identify problems and assist in determining root causes and results oriented solutions.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written), to effectively communicate with patients, patient families, and staff members; and documenting of incidents.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to safely and responsibly use, store, and maintain assigned equipment.
- Competency Requirements: Security Professionals are required to pass initial and annual competency evaluations consisting of the following topics:
- South Carolina SLED Unarmed Certification
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Bloodborne Pathogen/Infection Control
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)
- Use of Force
- Clinical Restraint Usage
- Client required courses
- Security Incident Response Procedures
- CPR/Basic First Aid (required every two years)
- Additional Training Requirements: Must successfully complete the following training courses. An * denotes annual requirements.
- Healthcare Essentials
- Certified Healthcare Security Professional
- Client Orientation
- Security Department Orientation and Training Academy
- Background Check Requirements:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check to meet Allied Universal standards
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle check with not more than three (3) moving violations within the past year
- Health Screen Requirements: The following health screens must be completed prior to being assigned to a post. An * denotes annual requirements.
- TB Screen *
- Hepatitis B series vaccine or signed declination statement
- N-95 Fit Test *
- Flu Shot *
- 10 panel drug screen
- License and Credential Requirements:
- Ability to achieve and maintain South Carolina SLED licensing requirements (unarmed)
- License to operate a motor vehicle in the state of South Carolina with less than 3 moving violations within a year.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and work independently.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standards.
- Neat and professional appearance in accordance with set standards.
- Ability to provide quality customer service with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to make decisions and handle situations effectively.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly; occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain; frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. In addition:
- Must be able to identify the following colors: red, green, pink and blue
- Must maintain a level of physical and emotional health to cope with periods of high stress and working hours that may extend beyond the standard work week.
- Cognitive abilities must be unimpaired to deal with the intellectual demands of the position.
- Ability to use PPE and adaptive equipment where work requires protective equipment and close visual and auditory attention to detail.
- Movement around the building will be necessary to monitor personnel, the condition of facilities and equipment, and response to emergent situations and events.
- Moderate physical effort required to physically restrain patients, respond to emergencies on upper floors without the use of an elevator, assist in patient evacuations, and respond to other emergency and non-emergency situations.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.