State of South Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welding Adjunct Instructor (ADJT19)
at State of South Carolina
- Job Responsibilities
Join our team! Aiken Technical College is recruiting Welding Adjunct Instructors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruction including hands on and theory, classroom management, and administrative tasks that may include reports, syllabus and lesson plan development.
- Prepare and/or maintain current course syllabi for course taught.
- Ensure that course is taught in accordance with the established syllabi.
- Recommend for approval adequate instructional materials for course.
- Recommend adequate laboratory facilities/equipment for assigned course.
- Supervision of students.
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
Associate's degree in Welding Technology (or equivalent) with five (5) years direct experience as a welder (valid/current credentials such as AWS CWI/CWE). Completion of a federally approved apprenticeship program will be considered with proper certifications. Bachelor's degree in a related field combined with the direct experience noted above would be acceptable. Knowledge and experience in welding theory, metallurgy, mathematics, blueprint reading, oxygen acetylene welding and brazing, S.M.A.W., G.M.A.W., G.T.A.W., S.A.W., F.C.A.W. and P.A.C. all to AWS and industry standards is required.