Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Universal Worker HCC
at Pruitt Health
Responsible for all duties in relation to safely providing for the resident's care and well-being. It requires a responsible demeanor in order for the resident population to have confidence in the ability to provide for their needs
- Assists with all of the care needs a resident might require including, but not limited to, toileting, ambulation, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, escorting, and transferring from place to place.
- Understands the resident alert status and what to be aware of where the resident is concerned and reports any changes immediately.Understands and agrees to follow the resident's interim service plan as care needs change.
- Is aware of the changing needs of the resident based on their service plan.
- Notifies Resident Care Coordinator/Administrator/Health Services Director (HSD) of resident changes of condition.
- Assists in the dining room during meal times including, but not limited to, set up, take meal/beverage orders, serve, and clean tables and area after each meal period.
- Assist with activities when required and/or be responsible for getting the residents to scheduled activities.
- Responsible for getting the resident ready and to the lobby for scheduled appointments
- Aware of what constitutes a change of condition and report to Medication Tech/Resident Care Coordinator/HSD immediately.
- Delivers and re-stocks the residents' incontinent supplies.
- Capable of washing, drying, folding and returning laundry to the appropriate resident
- Collects and disposes trash in designated receptacles.
- Has knowledge of, and can demonstrate proper technique, or can learn how to assist with a gait belt, sit to stand lift, transfer board, oxygen equipment, catheter, specimen, transfer pole, trapeze, wheel chair, scale, and other equipment as directed by the Resident Care Coordinator/HSD.
- Capable of taking accurate vital signs and weights.
- Able to perform assigned housekeeping duties including, but not limited to, dusting, vacuuming, polishing, wiping down hand rails, chairs, and tables, picking up newspapers, clean bathrooms, re-stock toilet and paper towels and mop.
- Maintains general cleanliness of the resident's apartment (cleans commodes, hi-rise toilet seats).
- Reports to maintenance/Administrator/Resident Care Coordinator regarding any safety issues in resident's apartment such as frayed cords, broken furniture/equipment, etc.
- Notifies management when an incident or error occurs while on shift and accurately completes an incident report.
- Covers for the receptionist as directed by Administrator/Resident Care Coordinator.
- Capable of assisting in care needs of residents
- Answers call lights in a timely manner.
- Maintains responsibility for: pagers, keys and radios while on duty and signs them in and out every shift.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Completion of some high school or equivalent courses
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
None, on-the-job training provided
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Active and unexpired CPR certification
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Certified Nursing Assistant preferred. A familiarity and willingness to work with elderly population. Previous elder care experience preferred.