Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medication Tech HCC
at Pruitt Health
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 1803504
Responsible for all duties in relation to safely administering medications and treatments to the residents. This position requires legible, accurate documentation on the medication record and in the resident chart. It also requires a responsible demeanor in order for the resident population to have confidence in your ability to administer medications and treatments. At times the position will include manager on duty qualifications and a responsibility to act within your scope of practice. If ever unsure of a decision or an occurrence, it is critical for you to call for management assistance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Some high school
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
On-the-job training provided
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current, active and unrestricted CPR certification.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
High school graduate preferred. Previous experience preferred, but not necessary. Has familiarity and willingness to work with elderly population.
- Administers the medications and treatments, according to the scheduled times, following the medication administration protocol.
- Understands and appropriately documents on the 24 hour communication reports.
- Understands the resident alert status and documents appropriately in the residents record.
- Understands and implements an interim service plan, in the absence of Resident Care Coordinator/Health Services Director (HSD), as care needs arise.
- Assures caregivers on shift are aware of changes on interim service plans.
- Notifies Resident Care Coordinator /Executive Director/HSD of resident changes of condition.
- Assists with monthly medication records as needed.
- Assists with cycle fill or re-ordering of medications.
- Understands and returns medications for credit as needed.
- Monitors medications that arrive from the pharmacy.
- Timely notifies the pharmacy of any discrepancies
- Maintains the supplies, cleanliness, organization and re-stocking of the medication room and medication cart.
- Orders supplies as directed by the Resident Care Coordinator.
- Has knowledge of, and can demonstrate proper technique, or can learn how to assist with: a gait belt, sit to stand lift, transfer board, oxygen equipment, C-Pap, Nebulizer, catheter, specimen, transfer pole, trapeze, wheel chair, scale, and other equipment as directed by the Resident Care Coordinator/HSD.
- Capable of taking accurate vital signs and weights.
- Accurately completes an incident report and begins the investigation of the incident.
- Accurately completes a medication error report if necessary.
- Notifies family, MD, resident and management if incident or errors occur while on shift.
- Fills-in for the receptionist as directed by Executive Director/Resident Care Coordinator.
- Fills in as a caregiver when needed.
- Capable of assisting in care needs of residents, which might include lifting requirements up to 40 pounds.
- Serves meals as needed and assists with setting tables and post meal clean-up as assigned.
- Faxes pharmacy to order medications.
- Faxes physician as care needs arise or as instructed by Executive Director/HSD/Resident Care Coordinator.
- Calls pharmacy to follow up on medications that have not arrived.
- Notifies physician when pre-authorizations are required or medications not covered by insurance.
- Answers call lights or finds a coworker to answer a call light, if in the middle of a med pass.
- Works as manager on duty as directed by Executive Director/Resident Care Coordinator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Assists residents with transportation and appointments as needed.
- Read the 24 hour communication book and respond as necessary to issues.
- Review all incident reports and residents on alert status
- Read any new interim service plans that could have been initiated.
- Assure appropriate amount of staff are available and on shift
- Assist with finding replacements when staff call off and you are on duty
- Provide the residents with their medications and treatments as per protocol
- Document issues in the resident record
- Notify RCC/HSD/ED as needed when issues arise
- General record keeping and filing as needed.