Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Supplier Engineer
at Lear Corporation
TITLE: Quality Engineer
NATURE OF WORK: This role entails is responsible work, specializing in areas of advanced problem solving and analytics as it relates to issues with material, product, equipment and processes. Engineering for incoming materials. Incumbents in this classification verify incoming materials conform to documented requirements, prepare incoming inspection instructions and equipment operation instructions, and ensuring that nonconforming material is segregated or moved to an area responsible for necessary repairs and then another inspection before use in a Lean manufacturing environment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
- Resolves issues using 8D Problem Solving format.
- Develops control plans and conduct Failure Mode and Effects Analyses.
- Perform TS 16949: 2009 Internal Audits for various functions.
- Participates in design of call monitoring formats and quality standards
- Uses quality monitoring data management system to compile and track performance at team and individual level.
- Provides actionable data to various internal support groups as needed.
- Coordinates and facilitates call calibration sessions for Lear staff.
- Provides feedback concerning quality team leaders and managers.
- Prepares and analyzes internal quality reports for management staff review.
- Responsible for new material sample approval.
- Examines contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Confers and corresponds with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Ensures quality conforms to requirements; workmanship standards, work instructions, engineering documents, and thorough testing are used to assess the conformance of the product, and non-conformances are either immediately repaired and re-inspected, or identified and segregated from conforming product.
- Inspects the product and/or audits processes based upon the quality history, criticality and capability of the processes.
- Develops new methods for inspection, testing, sampling, and training.
- Evaluates production capabilities and recommends improvements.
- Assists in developing quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Inspects and verifies a wide variety of equipment, parts, and subassemblies to ensure conformance to the latest revision of the design specifications, drawings and industry quality standards.
- Performs inspection operations referring to copies of schematics, specifications, assembly prints and piece part drawings.
- Works with engineering groups to develop measuring equipment standards and techniques for new or unusual precision mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Examines, evaluates, and disposes rejected material.
- Tracks and reduces rejected inventory.
- Verifies conformance of parts and assemblies to specifications using various inspection equipment (CMM , surface plate, calipers, verniers, height gauges, etc).
- Travels to local supplier sites to perform source inspection of supplied product to ensure all specifications.
- Helps to maintain the integrity of the inspection equipment in the area.
- Ensures that all equipment is in calibration.
- Aids in scheduling calibration of the equipment with the 3rd party calibration lab.
- Assists other inspectors working with them to exchange and share knowledge.
- Reports serious quality issues to the department lead and assist in working towards that appropriate corrective action recommendation.
- Performs inspection on returned material (RGA s) and determine appropriate disposition to either MRB or stock.
- Performs inspection supplier rework parts to ensure rework was performed correctly and that the part conforms to specifications.
- Performs all other duties as instructed by Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of terminology pertaining to quality assurance as needed to respond to questions and provide oversight.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of precision tooling, experience with comparators, height gauges, and micrometers.
- Knowledge of ASTM standards in the industrial field and education and prior work requirements.
- Knowledge of various functions of an automotive plant such as maintenance, quality, production control, operations, and materials as needed to determine how they are interrelated and oversee employees in the quality department.
- Knowledge of strategies such as product lifecycle management (PLM), just-in-time, and self directed teams as needed to effectively implement these strategies.
- Knowledge of Lear’s organizational rules, regulations, procedures, and practices as needed to oversee processes.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service to include customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to analyze problems to include asking the appropriate questions and gathering additional information in order to identify causes of and solutions to problems.
- Ability to recognize relationships between facts, information, or situations as needed to integrate information from various sources.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Possess strong knowledge of 8 Disciplines Problem Solving
- Possess Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt Certification
- Possess TS 16949: 2009 Internal Auditor capabilities
- Possess applied knowledge of Control Plans, FMEA, SPC, TQM, etc. methodology.
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft SuiteMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/BA in any related field and 5-10 years experience in a quality function.