Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Occupational Therapist - Linley Park - FT
at Halcyon Rehab
Halcyon Rehabilitation is looking for a Full Time Occupational Therapist (OT) in Anderson, SC at Linley Park Rehab and Healthcare Center.
Linley Park Rehab and Healthcare Center
208 James Street
Anderson, SC 29625
We have an 88 bed SNF with an attractive rehab gym. Our gym is equipped with ACP program for modalities, and other therapy equipment, with user-friendly computer software for daily therapy documentation.
Anderson, SC is Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, skirted by lakes and rivers, Anderson County lies along the South Carolina Heritage Corridor in the state's northwestern corner. Positioned between Atlanta, Georgia and Charlotte, North Carolina on what was once Cherokee hunting ground, Anderson is studded with landmarks from its past. From pioneer log cabins to stately mansions, the area holds treasures for those wishing to explore its history. The county seat, Anderson, was heralded as the "City of Hospitality" for its gracious air and beautiful gardens. During the industrial revolution, it was reborn as the "Electric City" for its pioneering use of hydroelectric power. Today Anderson residents combine the strengths of a shared heritage with a positive vision as they plan for their future. This unique civic spirit has earned national recognition, as Anderson was named "All-America City" in 2000 by the National Civic League. The country's smaller towns, spread around the rolling countryside, each bear a unique character and history.
Occupational Therapist position is Full Time with Full Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Generous Paid Time Off, Continuing Education and Licensure Reimbursement, Short and Long Term Disability and much more.
Occupational Therapist must have graduated from an accredited college or university with Degree in Physical Therapy.
At Halcyon, our approach to healthcare services emphasizes teamwork and personal involvement to create a compassionate, caring environment for our residents. We do more than just meet their physical needs – we are committed to helping our residents live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives through social interaction and enriching environments that promote independence.
Thank you for your interest in Halcyon Rehab.
Halcyon Rehab Is A Therapy Provider That Cares…
At Halcyon, our approach to healthcare services emphasizes teamwork and personal involvement to create a compassionate, caring environment for our resident’s. We do more than just meet their physical needs – we are committed to helping our residents live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives through social interaction and enriching environments that promote independence.
Full-time Benefits include:
• Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
• Life Insurance – 100% company paid
• Supplemental Life – optional
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Home and Auto Insurance - discount through MetLife
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Continuing Education Reimbursement up to $750 per year
• Vacation & Holiday pay for full-time & part-time employees
Reasons to Consider:
• Flexible Work Schedule
• Very Competitive Pay
• Work Life Balance
• Outstanding Benefits
• Generous PTO
• Education & Training
• Privately Owned Company
• Rehab Company started by a Therapist
• Nationwide Presence With Plan for Continued Growth
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Clinical Team that provides continued training and mentorship
• Free In-house CEU Events For All Employees
The staff Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats patients/residents, communicates with families, physicians, and other health professionals and maintains documentation of services in the medical record.
1. Performs evaluations of patients/residents based upon the physician referral.
2. Develops basic treatment plans based on evaluation results including short and long term goals that lead to achievement of patient/resident outcome.
3. Evaluates and recommends patient/resident need for necessary durable medical equipment as per facility protocol.
4. Supervises Occupational Therapy Assistants and Rehabilitation Technicians in direct patient/resident care and activities per state practice act.
5. Treats patients/residents according to treatment plan.
6. Screens patients/residents based upon identified needs.
7. Communicates with supervisor and team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
8. Communicates with medical staff, nursing personnel and other department supervisors.
9. Conducts in-services and training for facility staff on an ongoing basis as directed.
10. Attends and participates in in-service training for other facility staff members.
11. Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, patient/resident care conferences, utilization review meetings, and other meetings as required or directed.
12. Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
13. Correctly identifies and bills for daily therapy services rendered per approved billing guidelines.
14. Instructs families and nursing staff in restorative/home programs.
15. Provides patient/resident/family education and training and participates in family conferences for the purposes of discharge planning.
16. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients/residents, facility personnel and support agencies.
17. Reports any problems with department equipment to the appropriate personnel so that it is maintained in safe and good working order.
18. Acts as a clinical mentor for affiliated Occupational Therapy schools with approved contracts.
19. Actively participates in the supervision process:
a. Reviews evaluation results, treatment plan with OTA.
b. Communicates needs to Director.
c. Modifies performance and responds to feedback.
d. Notifies appropriate personnel of unusual patient/resident findings in a timely manner.
e. Demonstrates an awareness of limitations and seeks supervision appropriately.
20. Must be able to travel between facilities as indicated.
21. Performs other duties as required or directed.
EXPOSURE RISK: The Occupational Therapist is at high risk for exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Rehabilitation or Designee for both administrative and patient/resident care responsibilities.
1. Works in well-lit/ventilated office and therapy areas.
2. Pressured work environment subject to frequent interruptions.
3. Willingness to work in other facilities temporarily, when necessary.
4. May be exposed to infectious diseases.
Halcyon Rehabilitation is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and employs qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
1. Current state registration/licensure or limited permit as an Occupational Therapist.
2. Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance.
3. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs and in-services as requested, which may require overnight travel.
4. Ability to work on and comprehend computerized technology.
5. Protects patients/residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
6. Must be able to speak the English language in a comprehendible format.
1. Subject to lifting, carrying and supporting patients/residents.
2. Must be able to lift medical equipment, supplies, etc.
3. Must be able to move (walk, bend, stand, sit, push, pull, lift) intermittently throughout the workday.
4. Must be constantly alert for patient/resident safety.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy.