Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cargill, Incorporated.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: FLO00153
Categories: Customer Service
This position is located in Florence, Illinois. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill, together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones - every day. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor or Plant Manager (depending on type of facility), the Plant Operator contributes to physically execute the safe and efficient operation of a stand-alone grain or crop inputs facility, or combined grain and crop inputs facility on a daily basis to ensure that Cargill standards, productivity metrics, and customer needs are met.
Focus on Plant operation and Risk Management
- Engaged with a team to operate the Plant equipment on a daily basis.
- Follows Operational Policies and procedures to operate plant equipment safely and efficiently to minimize or prevent injuries, property loss, and environmental damage.
- Ensures Plant and yard are clean and safe for customers and employees.
- Performs minor mechanical maintenance and may assist contractors on-site to perform repairs.
- Consistently meets all barge and truck loading requirements.
- Assists in operating safe and efficient crop inputs warehousing.
- Assists the Plant Management in managing the location grain and crop inputs inventory by following existing controls to minimize inventory losses.
Focus on Talent Management
- Successfully engaged to participate in training sessions for State/Provincial/Federal regulatory and Cargill compliance programs.
- Participates in training to acquire and maintain knowledge on operating Plant equipment safely and effectively.
- Participates in regular plant inspections and monthly safety meetings to review procedures, housekeeping, and safety awareness issues.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Prior experience in production or plant environment related work.