Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic Lead (3Rd Shift)
at Cardinal Health
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides technical support for the Production Supervisor, Maintenance Technicians, Electricians and Machinists. Provides appropriate judgment and decision-making with regards to equipment and personnel.
- Observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Understanding of all current plant policies and procedures.
- Coordinate Preventive Maintenance activities and work orders.
- Responsible for scheduling vacation requests for production maintenance and ensuring coverage for absences.
- Responsible for maintaining Kronos time records.
- Ensure all compliance wire activities are completed in the required time frames.
- Coordinate and prioritize tasks for the mechanics.
- Assist & coordinate critical machine change overs.
- Must be able to supervise employees and give direction.
- Provide feedback to the Reliability Engineer on mechanics performance.
- Recommends repair adjustment and preventative maintenance methods for equipment.
- Provides technical support for the Production Supervisor.
- Strong problem solving skills essential to the role.
- Ability to interpret drawings, sketches and verbal descriptions of equipment.
- Ability to be self directed and able to apply initiative and judgment without supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot high-speed equipment which requires a logical cause and an effective approach.
- Involved in machine modifications as required by the department.
- Must be able to train and assist in Floor Mechanic Development.
- Must be able to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. of various sizes and shapes.
- Must be capable of pushing up to 200 lbs. on a cart.
- Must be able to climb on ladders or other authorized equipment for maintaining, repairing, replacing or installing equipment.
- Must be licensed or willing to be licensed in operating a forklift for the purpose of moving equipment and heavy parts.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface with all departments and associates.
- Must have flexibility to accept additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds of various sizes and shapes.
- Must be capable of standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of pulling up to 74 pounds and pushing up to 10 pounds of force.
- Must be able to climb on ladders or other authorized equipment.
- Required to stoop, bend and reach constantly.
- Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
- Willingness to travel since some travel may be required for training purposes.
- Normal working hours depending on the shift you are assigned are:
3rd shift 12pm to 8am
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent thereof in education and experience. (6 plus years.
Three years of industrial experience as a maintenance mechanic.
Must have an assessment of at least a 15 on Math, 45 on Mechanical and 28 on Reading through Piedmont Technical College
Minimum score of 60 on the Mechanical Standard Timing Model.
Written and verbal communication skills.
Must complete successfully In-House / Technical School training requirements.
Basic computer skills in MS Windows and MS Office.
Scores of 70% in Windows, Word, and Excel applications.
Must be able to speak, read and write the English language