Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
We are seeking a skilled Systems Engineer to support our client and act as the site lead. This person will be proficient at providing end-user and infrastructure support in a Windows environment doing routine maintenance, patching, troubleshooting among other work.
The ideal candidate will be driven and motivated and have a track record of independently pursuing professional development. The candidate will perform the following activities: Active Directory Administration including but not limited to, creating new accounts, rights, and file/folder permissions. Group policy administration including, policy creation, testing, and implementation and LAN & WAN hardware support, Security support and administration, Analyze WAN infrastructure and make recommendations to decrease latency and improve network efficiency. User support, including software and hardware issues. Coordinating support efforts with both hardware and software vendors.
What you will be doing…
- Perform general system engineering tasks to a predominately-fixed group of users.
- Active monitoring and incident response and management of critical infrastructure systems using industry standard monitoring tools and systems.
- Troubleshoot issues that potentially span hardware as well as software, to identify root cause and implement immediate and long term corrective action.
- Working knowledge of basic switching and networking.
- Collect and present data for reporting, technical direction, and capacity planning.
- Assist in scheduling hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Assist with planning and implementation of short and long range strategies, changes in configuration, technology and processes.
- Thorough and accurate tracking all issues using an incident tracking system.
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science preferred, MCSE, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in providing hands-on and remote support.
- Hardware Technologies: Dell Servers and Workstations
- Server Operating Systems: Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2016
- App/Server Technologies: Active Directory, WINS, DNS, TCP/IP
- Operating Systems: , Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Strong understanding of Windows operating systems security
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 and Office 365
- Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Must have experience providing end user technical support and meeting SLA compliance
- Experience optimizing networks for performance and configuring computer workstations
- Experience with diagnostics and troubleshooting of related network components
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone support etiquette