Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT System Administrator
at A1 Placement
We are in search of a qualified System Administrator tp perform O&M functions needed to sustain or restore the hardware, software and network services for our client in Columbia, SC. This is a full-time, permanent role requiring at least 3 years of system administration experience or related technical IT experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance schedules.
- Serve as the focal point for the satisfaction of user requirements and track completion through the automated tracking system.
- Manage network email services
- Create user accounts
- Perform system hardware and software diagnostics and test components within the network environment
- Provide specialized and emergency support for various events to assist with communication and computer maintenance
- Draft, coordinate and implement configuration management and security policies and procedures. This includes IBM-compatible PC and UNIX based servers, workstation and laptop operating systems and applications.
- Prepare procurement packages for replacement, repair, and/or upgrade of hardware and software IAW Procurement Office guidelines.
- The System Administrator team supports Network Team activities to ensure there is a robust environment to support software developers engaged in agile software development on network enclaves at various classification levels.
You also will be responsible for a variety of activities that include:
- Configuration management
- Customer support
- Data storage and backups
- event logs
- firewall management
- hardware recap/upgrade/installs
- OS baseline imaging
- information assurance
- JDC Theater management
- Office moves
- Printer maintenance and support
- Equipment Procurement
- Security coordination
- Server builds and maintenance
- Switch maintenance
- Transition of non-development workstations to the NRO enterprise (COMM)
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with MS Exchange and Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems; Windows 2003/2008 Workstation, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP Professional and Windows 7 Professional
- Experience with WSUS patching and server maintenance
- Experience with KBOX monitoring, configuration and scripting
- Experience supporting a dynamic application development environment
- Systems Analysis experience
- System vulnerability patching experience
- Software installation and configuration experience