Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Project Manager
at A1 Placement
Pay: $65,000 to $75,000/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 27379
Our client, a highly regarded tech company in Charleston is in need of an IT Project Manager to take responsibility for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization.
This position focuses on technical projects related to the design, development, execution, implementation or maintenance of systems or software. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. They create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans (work breakdown structures.) They track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
What’s expected of you:
- Manage projects or components of projects with few dependencies, limited scope, low risk and effort, few integration points and short duration within a single team of resources.
- Identify & resolve discrepancies in planned costs versus actuals incurred.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing/validating details project plans and tracking financial information.
- Communicate status of project to leadership, project team and to more senior PMs on a project.
- Understands the need for Business Case/ROI and ensures its completion.
- Participates in change initiatives and workgroups.
- Communicate project status to project team, stakeholders leadership and PMs associated with other projects.
- Advise leadership, Project Team/Project Managers on tactical solutions to dealing with barriers within a project.
- Accountable for project delivery including meeting time, budget and quality standards and customer expectations.
- Facilitates project meetings.
- Creates and maintains relationships with stakeholders and team members in order to achieve mutual goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we want:
- 1-2 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education. Experience Details: Project Analysis and/or Project
- Management work experience
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
What makes you stand out:
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of and SDLC disciplines
- Understanding of the concepts, theories and processes of the Project
- Management Methodology.
- Broad knowledge of IT functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of labor, cost management and project tracking and management tools such as MS Project.
- Ability to lead and facilitate project team status meetings to obtain schedule, issues, risk , and dependency updates.
- Ability to document meeting minutes, action items from project status meetings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Experience using Agile methodology
- 2 or more years of Project Management work experience