Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Applications Developer
at A1 Placement
Our client, an established tech company in Charleston, has an opening for a talented coder to modify applications programs from detailed specifications. You will analyze, code, test, debug, document, and maintain those programs and interfaces.
(This position is staffed by individuals who have had sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify them to start in applications programming.)
This Position uses problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems… you should be able to identify problems and recommend corresponding solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
1. With moderate guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications.
2. Analyzes and validates system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Assists in the development and implementation of new programs and/or modifications of existing applications.
3. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements software applications according to standards.
4. Develops specifications and programs technical modules, applications and computer programs.
5. Participates in most aspects of applications programming and development including file design, update, storage and retrieval.
6. Evaluates and provides technical solutions to application development problems.
What we’re looking for:
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or related field is preferred.
Experience: No experience is required if completed undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, or related degree.
Knowledge: Must have knowledge in computer programming language. Must have an understanding in systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures. Must have general knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
Skills/Competencies: Must have the ability to analyze applications and systems. Must be able to program systems requiring interfaces. Must possess problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems. Must have decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.